Georgia 9th Congressional District
- Saturday, October 19, 2019 - Forsyth County. DPG State Committee meeting. South Forsyth High School, 585 Peachtree Parkway, Cumming, GA.
- Saturday, October 19, 2019, 3:00 p.m. - Ellijay, GA. American Progressives Potluck hosted by Linda/Joe Ragland. Come join us for a Progressive Potluck! Bring an appetizer, salad, main dish, or dessert!! Also, BYOB!!! (Alcohol or drinks). 9571 Chatsworth Hwy, Ellijay, GA 30540-0292
From Ellijay Roundabout: Enter roundabout and take the exit onto GA-2/GA-52, aka Chatsworth Highway. It will have a sign for Fort Mountain State Park. (It is 15 miles to our house.) Cross the Murray County line, (It gets steep & curvy here), then you will pass Fort Mountain Estates subdivision also on the right. Just past that on the left is Global Youth Ministries (used to be Cohutta Lodge). Past that on the right is the fire station. Continue up and over the hill and on the right, you will see and turn right into “BEAR PATH ESTATES”. Pass the driveway to your immediate left just inside the gate and continue a short distance and turn left on “DANCING BEAR TRAIL”. It is the first named road turning left. Continue on this road until you come to our gates and a paved driveway. There is parking in the wide part of the driveway before you get to the house.
- Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 5:30 p.m. - Atlanta. Democratic Party of Georgia’s State Dinner. Hyatt Regency Atlanta, 265 Peachtree St NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30303. Facebook page. Reception 5:30 p.m., dinner 7:00 p.m. Ticket sales begin September 3. Tables are $1500. Individual ticket prices for county committee members, Yellow Dog club members, etc. are $150.
Georgia is a battleground state for 2020. This year’s State Dinner is a unique opportunity to show our party’s strength as we prepare for national attention during the presidential, Senate, and congressional races next year, in addition to our efforts at the state level. Details TBA.
- Thursday, October 24, 2019, 6:00-8:00 p.m. - Athens/Clarke County Democrats meeting, Athens-Clarke County Library, 2025 Baxter Street, Athens.
- Saturday, October 26, 2019, 1:00-4:00 p.m. - Union County. Towns County Democrats Blue Fest at Meeks Park, Blairsville (in the newest pavilion, past tennis courts). Music, food and speakers. Bring a friend! Questions?
- Saturday, October 26, 2019, 1:00-3:00 p.m. - Athens-Clarke County. Census & Redistricting Townhall. Common Cause GA is hitting the road with our partners from the GA Redistricting Alliance to host a series of townhalls in each Georgia Congressional District! Each organization is working to educate the public on the upcoming census, how it impacts funding and redistricting, how gerrymandering impacts the process, and what you can do to help! Athens-Clarke County Library, 2025 Baxter St, Athens, Georgia 30606. You may RSVP here (Facebook page).
- Monday, November 4, 2019, 5:30-6:50 p.m. - Rabun County Democrats. Meeting at The NE GA Foodbank, Clayton. Candidates running in the Georgia 9th.
- Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 7:00 p.m. - Forsyth County Democrats meeting. Mohana Kute from NARAL (National Abortion Rights Action League) will be speaking to the group. Meeting will start at 7:00 PM at Sharon Forks Library, 2820 Old Atlanta Rd, Cumming, GA 30041. We will not have a general meeting in October due to the Cumming Fair. We are hoping you will join us for a shift (or two or three) at the Fair.
- Tuesday, March 24, 2020 - Georgia Presidential Primary.